Bridgestone Americas, Inc Benefits Analyst, Retiree Plans in Nashville, Tennessee
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve , Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
This position will be responsible for the processing of the day-to-day administration and operation of the Bridgestone Retiree Health & Welfare related plans; will work in partnership with the Benefits Administration Manager and vendors to ensure a high level of service to Bridgestone eligible retirees. The successful candidate must have a passion for excellence in service delivery, and the ability to work successfully in a fast paced, changing team environment.
· With direction of management, administer the daily functions and processes of the medical, dental, and life insurance benefit plans for Bridgestone retirees
· Provide excellent customer service to retirees and business partners regarding day-to-day benefits questions and escalated issues, including the prompt research and resolution of those issues with vendors
· Support regular data file transfer process from the HRIS system to retiree third party administrators and resolve resulting errors/discrepancies from data loads
· Build relationships for ongoing processing with retiree vendors/third party administrators
· Perform regularly scheduled audits to validate the accuracy and efficiency of retiree enrollment processing
· Develop documentation of various retiree benefit plans and processing protocols
· Support ad-hoc projects as needed to improve retiree benefits administration
· Bachelor's degree
· Minimum of three years of relevant experience
· Working knowledge of health & welfare benefits administration, and the legal and regulatory environment
· Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and projects with guidance of management
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment of change, challenge, and deadlines
· Demonstrated problem solving, time management, and priority setting skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to analyze trends and evaluate solutions or make recommendations to manager for change
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
· Prior experience working in benefits administration role for retirees
· Experience working for a large national employer
· Prior experience working in a bargaining and non-bargaining environment
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Employee Type Regular Full-Time
Requisition ID 2020-175437
Posted Date 1/13/2020
Zip Code 37201
Functional Area Human Resources
Category Human Resources
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer, it is the policy of Bridgestone to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.